Checking out the La Festa Italiana at Courthouse Square in Downtown Scranton is a nice way to spend a couple hours over the course of Labor Day Weekend. There's something for everyone. Vendors line the square offering great food and constant music. Thousands of people attend.
Directions from the Lake: I-80 West to I-380 West to I-81 South to Exit 185. From Exit 185 (Central Scranton Expressway): bear left toward Central City. (You will see the University of Scranton's athletic field on your immediate left.) Take lane for Spruce Street and pass under the railroad bridge to the traffic light. Go straight through light and after one block you will see Courthouse Square, the festival site, on your right.
Parking is best done in one of the available parking lots bordering the square then you can just walk in.
Click on the post title above to go to the festival website for more info.